I am Welsh, my wife is non-Welsh, and my children are part-Welsh. In a single family, we have covered all possible ethnic bases.
You know that I hate nationalism in all its forms, but I’m sure you’ll agree that Wales has the best national anthem ever:
What else does Wales have?
- The highest concentration of castles in the world – a tribute to our ancient fighting spirit (and our oppression by the English – boo, hiss!)
- A national vegetable – the leek.
- Some beautiful mountains, and a lot of wind and rain.
- A fire-breathing dragon as our national symbol!
- A language that does not contain a word for “yes”.
So Happy Saint David’s Day to you, and don’t forget to click “like” if you think Wales is cool.