It’s so easy to make fun of the Amish, and yet they resolutely continue to live happy and meaningful lives, while those who mock them are often left feeling unhappy or unfulfilled.
So what is their secret?
- Is it that the horse is a better means of transport than the automobile?
- Is it that 18th century agricultural practices trump the iPhone and the internet?
- Is it that Jesus is a better role model than Justin Bieber?
- Is it that education makes you sad and ignorance keeps you smiling?
- Or is it that Trust in Gad is a more reliable cure than 21st century medicine?
Or could it be that hard work, optimism and giving thanks for what you have is a tried and tested formula for achieving happiness?