Don’t worry. This isn’t about Trump. I’ve returned to my first love – science fiction – with two new novels in the pipeline. The first is a conspiracy thriller set in the near future, the second an apocalyptic blockbuster set in the present day.
1. The Da Vinci Code meets The Matrix
The heading above describes my starting point for this first novel. It’s grown somewhat since its original conception a few years back and now incorporates:
- A secret organization as old as the Bible.
- A billionaire computer hacker with the power to change the world.
- A beautiful woman bent on treachery and revenge.
- An artificial super-intelligence with god-like powers.
- A sinister plot that threatens the very existence of mankind.
- Power politics on a grand scale as armies and religious cults battle for supremacy.
- And a shocking revelation that turns the whole of human history on its head.
This behemoth of a novel has so far reached 100,000 words, and I’ve decided to put it on hold, in order to create some breathing space for my second project.
2. The apocalypse, but with a twist
There are a few heroes in this second series of novels, but they are vastly outnumbered by villains. I won’t tell you what the twist is just yet, but this story will make Brexit and Trump look like the good old days. Think End of Days. Think Twilight of the Gods. It feels like a book of its time.
I’m hoping to complete a first draft of the opening book in this series (not on any particular timeframe, just eventually), and will be canvassing for beta readers at that time.
Until then, take care. And sleep well.