When I was a teenager, the films that my friends and I most wanted to watch were marked with a large, lurid “18” logo. There was no explanation whether this was because of sex, violence or bad language (or all three.) We had to guess from the cover. Nowadays, the situation is more nuanced. Certificates are accompanied by explanatory material, justifying the rating. Continue reading
Top Posts & Pages
- Left vs Right, Authoritarianism vs Libertarianism
- 6 lessons from the French Revolution
- Will robots replace humans?
- Why is Andorra rich?
- Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – a survival strategy
- A comedy of vegetables
- Big Bang Theory misconceptions
- Top 10 undead creatures you might actually want to be
About Steve Morris
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets