When I was a teenager, the films that my friends and I most wanted to watch were marked with a large, lurid “18” logo. There was no explanation whether this was because of sex, violence or bad language (or all three.) We had to guess from the cover. Nowadays, the situation is more nuanced. Certificates are accompanied by explanatory material, justifying the rating. Continue reading
Top Posts & Pages
- Left vs Right, Authoritarianism vs Libertarianism
- 6 lessons from the French Revolution
- Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – a survival strategy
- Dogwood up
- Why is Andorra rich?
- Will robots replace humans?
- The tragedy of the meme
- Does capitalism cause unemployment?
- What the universe looked like before Hubble
- Birthday status – 50 and counting
About Steve Morris
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets