When I was a teenager, the films that my friends and I most wanted to watch were marked with a large, lurid “18” logo. There was no explanation whether this was because of sex, violence or bad language (or all three.) We had to guess from the cover. Nowadays, the situation is more nuanced. Certificates are accompanied by explanatory material, justifying the rating. Continue reading
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 lessons from the French Revolution
- Left vs Right, Authoritarianism vs Libertarianism
- Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – a survival strategy
- The next economic era is here
- Top 10 mysteries in science
- How do wasps get into the house?
- I’m a celebrity chef, get the fuck out of my kitchen!
- Live to 100 the Andorra way
- What the universe looked like before Hubble
About Steve Morris
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets