When I was a teenager, the films that my friends and I most wanted to watch were marked with a large, lurid “18” logo. There was no explanation whether this was because of sex, violence or bad language (or all three.) We had to guess from the cover. Nowadays, the situation is more nuanced. Certificates are accompanied by explanatory material, justifying the rating. Continue reading
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 lessons from the French Revolution
- Left vs Right, Authoritarianism vs Libertarianism
- Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – a survival strategy
- Perfect imperfect
- How do wasps get into the house?
- Words that should exist but don't
- Evolution and stubbornness
- Why is Andorra rich?
- Does free speech matter?
- Top 10 undead creatures you might actually want to be
About Steve Morris
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets